My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://bigsendworld.com and update your bookmarks.

« Home | For the Love of Mystery » | Some People Just Don't Want to Understand » | Girls Have Problems » | PUA Blog Carnival » | Blog Archives » | HB-Ai Concluded 2 » | HB-Ai Concluded » | Where I stand with HB-Ai. » | It may not be as bad as I thought.. :) :) :) » | Yeah, I'm still learning like a sponge »

Affirmations from David DeAngelo

I found this list somewhere made by David DeAngelo.

They are some awesome affirmations.

To use them, apply the 70x7 exercise

(Man I got over a years worth to get through, but 70x7 is amazing. Currently I am doing one just on sleep.
"I now fall asleep quickly and wake up full energy at any time, in any place, and nothing gets in my way; things can only validate this fact further")

My formula for turning an affirmation into something powerful is to include a time statement, a location statement, and a "no counter evidence" type statement. Also a statement which tells me that there are no exceptions....

I now am XYZ at any time, place, and no counters; this belief is always true

Annyyywayyy:

  1. I'm comfortable in my skin
  2. I'm a strong confident communicator
  3. I'm in control of my emotional self
  4. Outside events don't destabilize me
  5. I'm not needy
  6. I keep my power for me
  7. I have no sexual hang-ups
  8. I'm comfortable with my own views
  9. I'm comfortable around women
  10. I can hold back when I choose and delay gratification
  11. I don't tolerate disrespect to myself, time, or property
  12. I'm a catch and any women that's with me I is fortunate enough to have my attention
  13. I'm not impressed by outward symbols or money status
  14. I may be smitten by a woman, but I don't tell her early on and I don't let it slip indirectly.
  15. I don't let women use looks and sexual power to take advantage; no special privileges.
  16. I'm unselfconscious and could care less what others think
  17. I put my self and my life first.
  18. I deserve have permission and can hold an exceptional women
  19. I'm indifferent to the outcome of all situations
  20. I understand the culture; I get it
  21. I can deal with any test a woman throws at me; in fact it's usually kinda cute.
  22. I live in my reality and you're a guest.
  23. I'm a cause in the world not an effect.
  24. I make things happen.
  25. I could but I won't
About 50 weeks in a year. This will take 1 year to complete. Imagine who you will be after believing all those propositions? I mean believing them as much as you believe "What goes up must come down" or "red is stop, green is go".
Who will I be afterwards? Who will you be?

Again if you don't believe in this excercise, it will not work. If you do believe it in it... it may work. Do a few of them and see how it helps you.

I think its helping me, but I have only done 5 affirmations (as its only been about 10 weeks). I am finding being insecure is a combination of many limiting beliefs. I am trying to attack each one and I feel its getting better all the time.

Sorry, the post messed up and I republished it.

The comments were deleted, but I have a copy:

Anonymous:
I have seen this before on David D's video seminar's he talks about them and how these beliefs have helped him alot....Good stuff keep up with the blog Big SEND


Tadpoled:
great list


Me:
Thanks guys!

Read Learned Optimism by a psychologist named Seligman. I read it a long time ago and don't have more details.

The book explains that optimists, emotionally healthy people, have a certain attribution style - good things are personal, permanent and pervasive and bad things are the opposite.

When you play lotto and lose you say - "The numbers didn't come up this time." Not about you, not permanent and restricted to a limited domain.

When you play lotto and win you say - "I always know how to make the right choices." All about you, permanent and generally applicable.

Taking statements and adding permanence (time) and pervasiveness (place) reminded me of that.

You can become more optimistic by deliberately interpreting every good thing that happens to you in a personal, permanent and pervasive way and every setback as impersonal, temporary and limited.

Since 70x7 works for you, you seem to be the type who will be willing and able to generally change your attribution style.

Good Stuff! I started the system this week, because it really looks like it's working out for you man. One question, do you write what your thinking at that moment after each line you write or do you write it 70 times and for each 70 you go down the list reading what you wrote and then write?

What I do is I writout the affirmation like this

45. I am cool!
1. thoughts thoughts etc etc
46. I am cool!
1. thoughts thoughts etc etc


Hope that helps. Let me know how it works out for you! What you may find is the affirmation you are currently using doesn't umbrella everything, but you may notice some changes as you are doing it, like by day 3 or so. Keep with it though, and save the next affirmation for the next 2 weeks.

good luck

hahh

that's really funny and it probably does mean something.

Do you have trouble sleeping and waking up too? let me know how this affirmation helps you if you actually go through the 7 days

question, how long does it take you to get through the 70x7 method? i've tried it the other day and my hand was already hurting around 20 affirmations.

i've been writing my affirmations using this.

I now am XYZ at any time, place, and no counters; this belief is always true

Hey anonymous,

Thats a good question... since I lucked out and got a laptop (iBook 12".. less than $1k with an iPod free... :))

I just type it out.

However, even typing it my hands would get tired and I would write very sloppy with many errors. I came to the conclusion it doesn' tmatter if you write it perfect, it only mattesr that you actually do write with intent. That is, even if it is SUPER sloppy and barely legible, as you write it, you are working the part of your brain which does the writing and you are actually physically "doing" the affirmation.

With that said, I allow myself AT LEAST 1 hour... some days it can take up to 1:30.. or so.


No one is going to spell check it out handwrite check it. just make sure your brain is mouthing the words as you write...

thats what I do at least.

I know the author says he does it by hand, but I do it on the laptop and I feel like it is successful.

Hope this helps

Post a Comment

Links

Archives

HYPNOTICA: The Collection Of Confidence HYPNOTICA: The Sphinx of Imagination PUA Training - Seduce Women





Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com All-Blogs.net directory logo


By the way, I use SimUrl.com to link most things (including my email which you can Click Here for).
Don't worry, there is nothing bad about it.
It just helps me keep track of things.

© 2007 Bigsend. All rights reserved.