My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://bigsendworld.com and update your bookmarks.

« Home | Deep Inner Game with Dr. Paul (Part 1) » | P.S.: » | Goals for 2006 » | Vocal Sticking Points » | I Came to this Epiphany: A new reframe » | Finnnnally!! Done with finals! » | Type of Woman I am looking for » | "The Game" My Mind is Blown. »

!~How to Win Friends and Influence People~!

I just finished reading one of the most inspiring, informative, fulfilling, and useful books in my life and I don't think I'll ever come across a book as complete as this in a long time. I am bold enough to say this book is better than any "PUA", self-help, or psychology writing on how to deal with people.

This book is all for outer game. In fact, to me, this book teaches exactly HOW to be assertive (like in Dr. Paul's MindOS). Knowing how to be effectively assertive is FAR more useful than being aggressive, timidly-assertive or passive.

Dale Carnegie, the author, tells us thee most important aspect in dealing with people is making the other person feel important. I'll go into this more in a second.

Here are all the Principals:
  • Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
    1. Don't criticize, condemn or complain
    2. Give honest and sincere appreciation.
    3. Arouse in the other person an eager want
  • Six Ways to Make People Like You
    1. Become Genuinely Interested in the other person
    2. Smile
    3. Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
    4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
    5. Talk in terms of the other person's interests
    6. Make the other person feel important---and it sincerely
  • Win People to Your Way of Thinking
    1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
    2. Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
    3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically
    4. Begin in a friendly way
    5. Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately
    6. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking
  • Be A Leader: A leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior. Some suggestion to accomplish this:
    1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation
    2. Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly
    3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person
    4. Ask question instead of giving direct orders
    5. Let the other person save face
    6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise"
    7. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to
    8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
    9. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
It does seem like a lot, but its about 230 pages and Dale offers brilliant and exciting stories clarifying EVERY SINGLE ONE of those points. The most important driving force is making the other person feel important. By doing that, the rest is almost common sense.


To truth is, the book is so concise, all I can say is please check out this book. This book is the "How to" for asserting yourself, winning people over, and being nice. In the past, I was always unsure if I was being rude or stepped on people's toes when I gave them criticism or advice. As I read this book, every 10 pages I'd slap myself on the head as I realize I broke so many of these points at every point in my past. (Remember my post about Toastmasters when I gave the guy harsh criticism?)

I feel that if I were to master this book to a good degree, it could take care of my comfort building power. But we'll see.

Click here to see it on amazon.

I heard this book is the second most selling literature behind the Bible. You'd almost expect more people to be socially savvy, but oh well. It takes a lot to implement this new social philosophy, but as Pick Up Artists, it is part of our trade to master this stuff. Every master I have met, in some way, exhibited these points to a much higher degree than normal people.

Great read isn't it. One of my all time favorites. You should also check out "How to talk to anyone" by Leil Lowndes it's like a modern version of Carnegie's book.

So bigsend how would you befriend and get rapport with guys fast?

Post a Comment

Links

Archives

HYPNOTICA: The Collection Of Confidence HYPNOTICA: The Sphinx of Imagination PUA Training - Seduce Women





Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com All-Blogs.net directory logo


By the way, I use SimUrl.com to link most things (including my email which you can Click Here for).
Don't worry, there is nothing bad about it.
It just helps me keep track of things.

© 2007 Bigsend. All rights reserved.