My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://bigsendworld.com and update your bookmarks.

« Home | I gotta give props to Grungey10! » | Wait, What is the "Bitch Shield" again? » | Dr. Paul's Personality Test » | What the Community Means (to me) » | The Latest Craze: "The Secret" » | I Have Been Thinking A Lot About My Past, But some... » | My Dream Mind Versus My Waking Mind » | FR: I Feel Even Stronger About It » | My Thoughts on Approach Anxiety » | LR: I got laid! »

The Social Anxiety workshop with dating guru BradP

For those of you who don't know, there is a new guru in the community named BradP. He joined after Mystery and Tyler were big and he came from his own pseudo community/following. That is, he held his own "underground dating seminars" and eventually his students started to become more and more community guys and thus, he found out about the community.

Anyway, to be as concise as possible, Brad is a guy who you can tell went from Level 1 to level 10. He has a rock star vibe and an attitude of "I honestly do not give a fuck" except for his students, which is kind of cool. In fact I must add, I think that is a key part of his game---he seems like the "I don't' give a fuck 'rock start'" but when he is talking to you, he is so into you and seems like he cares so much it is kind of warming. As an example, in our meeting room, some quirky guy was fucking with the lights, dimming them a bit for whatever reason. After the guy left, I went back up to the lights and just tried to turn them back on normal mode (I was getting pretty lethargic with it on dim) and I accidentally turned off the lights! Whoops, anyway, I noticed Brad was in conversation at that moment and even when the lights were momentarily off for like 2 seconds, I noticed he did not blink or seem to care at all, he was in conversation and completely focused. He didn't give a fuck.

Now the truth is, I could have Brad all wrong, I know he grew up like most of us, a reclusive AFC (at least that is what I got from his background story) but some how, some way he associated himself with natural seducers and methodically learned how to game women. In that processes, he learned to ignore his fears and develop that key "I do not give a fuck" attitude.

And that was the key to this seminar/work shop. Brad's main point was, in order to do the high impact routines, lines, and convey the right body language, a person must have a high degree of "social freedom" (an opposite of social anxiety). This makes so much sense to me, as it was always my theory that a person who is anxious and negative will always exude bad micro-body language* that no technique can hide. However when a person is clear minded, positive and excited his micro-body language will be completely in-line with his intentions.

Brad didn't use the "micro BL" lingo I am using, but this is how it affected. Brad's seminar struck a chord with me. This is exactly what I needed.

A little background on me, back in 10th grade in "Mr. Wheeler's" psychology class he gave us all a personal anxiety test and had us number things on a piece of paper. It was like list something on a scale of 1-100. They were questions like "how would you feel about asking someone to move over so you can sit down" etc etc. I recall scoring the lowest on that test in the class. Ouch. That really hurt. I recall talking to my Dad about this and he just said "Hey, its probably because you were the only one honest with yourself and everyone wrote a 100 just to brag". That helped put things into prospective and put it behind me, but the fact is I still had some annoying social anxiety.

Its really hard to put it, but when I [personally] am in a social situation, I feel this under current of pressure on me.

Back to BP. The whole idea of the workshop was to just learn to "not give a fuck". Even if I feel the social pressure, just stop caring. In order to do that, he gave us a list of exercises to do in field and after completing each one, label from 1-10 how we feel. Now Brad did mention he didn't want too much information given out because he wanted to present his students with the seminar before giving the exercises. Also, downloading them and doing them at home isn't the same as the first time with BradP there to help you out.

If I were to scan and upload the exercises here, honestly most people would download it, look at it and be like "oh that is easy.. eh that is just weird, okay that is pointless.. fuck that, etc etc" But that isn't true at all, there is a deeper meaning to all the exercises. So even though it seems like BP is saying "don't let this out" as a business move, I think he is totally right (whether he realizes it or not haha). That deeper meaning is to learn to not give a fuck. Also, by numbering the exercises 1-10 and adding up the level, it is easier to gauge your anxiety levels.


Summary:
Suffice to say, the workshop was about 45 minutes of speaking by Brad. Letting us know that every natural, everyone who gets good has a very high degree of social freedom. I.e., guys who learn all the routines, technique, theory but have social anxiety will get no where (and this is pretty much the truth). He then went on to tell us about his life growing up, how he dealt with anxiety and alcoholics in his vicinity. His idea was that a person has many choices in dealing with social anxiety, some include medicine (prozak, zoloft, etc), hypnosis, behavior therapy, and the common community method is to do 1000 approaches (very kill-all behavior therapy technique). BP's workshop was more behavior therapy style, but again we would list on a scale of 1-10 how we feel about each exercise each time. There were 18 exercises and someone who is very socially free would get a 180 and a cry emu-kid would get a 1. A person doing routines and jumping into sets probably wants a 130. It was a well valued $150 in that someone could just make this shit up on their own, but it was worth $150 to have a Jedi Master really help specifically with this issue, give demonstrations, push us, and personally break down his theory for us. Highly recommend!

Okay, back to me! I got an 88 and yeah I have had success in this community, it really only happened when I just did not give a fuck at the time. Also to be blunt, my success was mostly about not fucking up.

In fact right now I just got a call from my bro Ulysses who made me promise to myself right now I would go out once a week and do these BP exercises, then afterwards call him up and debrief him. Things are falling into place: took the BP workshop, have great wing/friends (like Ulysses and JV and Ozzy, etc), and I now know exactly what I need to do.

BradP is found at bradppresents.com but I do suggest you look up his lay reports and articles on mASF, its a fucking adventure book.

And you know, back to my old post about transforming approach anxiety from a fearful anxiety to an exciting anxiety... I really believe it is true. Even Brad said to me personally he feels the anxiety now, but he just doesn't give a fuck. So my idea was that anxiety doesn't go away, we just choose its form, but also anxiety can be desensitized. My guess is BP is at the point where he A) is excited about approaching and B) so desensitized that all-in-all, he really doesn't care. Just does it.


Just dooo itttt


*Micro Body language. This is the movements, tonality, and "vibe" a person gives off without thinking about it. You can have the best posture, be smooth, but if your mind is in the gutter, nothing will stop your voice from cracking, your eyes from expanding when you feel fear, or your moth from getting dry when you are talking a lot...

Labels:

SO YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS!!!

j/k

Haha I am about 47.9% sure the above comment was BradP, but who knows

Post a Comment

Links

Archives

HYPNOTICA: The Collection Of Confidence HYPNOTICA: The Sphinx of Imagination PUA Training - Seduce Women





Powered by Blogger Blogarama - The Blogs Directory
 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com All-Blogs.net directory logo


By the way, I use SimUrl.com to link most things (including my email which you can Click Here for).
Don't worry, there is nothing bad about it.
It just helps me keep track of things.

© 2007 Bigsend. All rights reserved.